cleveland radio stations top 40elmo wright dance video

I had to climb onto the counter to reach it. !, FOR CHRISTS SAKE! Alan Sneed & Gary Adkins had my back Monday morning they got me to Vic Rumore Jim Bob, who was GM at KGN and their consultant, Mr.Green Kent Burkhart I was on the air Monday Nite I stayed there until Big WAYS came a calling which is another story for another time. You mentioned Philly Top 40 station WFIL but not that same citys WIBG? Cleveland's west side. WHK was the first in town to hold this license, IMNSHO I felt WLS hit their pinnacle right about 1981-2 when they segued to a Rock-40 format. Gotta put a vote in for The Big 143, CKFH! I was lucky to work with Randy for a long time (and regret that I didnt take better advantage of that connection as a petulant 20-something.). There were many good radio stations all over the USA radio map, like for me KACY, Ventura, KIST, Santa Barbara, KMBY Monterey, KDON Salinas. sites. Dont You Forget About Me: Boomers Are Still Top Consumers! But here we go. At the time, the AM was still number one! of the Museum of Broadcast He had such a talent for seeking out new groups and musicians Jim Woods in the night time was the most exciting thing around. Tony Rizzo is a local icon. He also did a live show from the afored mentioned WGR in Buffalo. across the nation, and memorabilia. It held the number one position from 1960 until 1977. John Box gave Gordon McLendon fits and forced KLIF to be even better. LOL) at WTOD. I went on to have a 40 year career thanks to that 50,000 watt monster. This was a tough assignment because so many great stations had to be left out. I completely agree with KHJ being #1 on the list. And while were on the subject of Midwestern 50 kay-dubba-you AM blowtorches, *(the Cleveland version of) KYW/WXYZ (Top 40)/WWWE (aka 3WE) (Adult Contemporary)* and *WGAR (Adult Contemporary-and probably Top 40 at one point)*, both in Cleveland! Don Patrick, Dick Smythe, Randall Carlisle, Grant Hudson and the chief himself Byron McGregor all grabbed your attention with their excellent delivery and news writing. and to see CKLW picked by the readers at #1!!! PLEASE! Data shows that radio appeals to listeners of all ages, with younger. So many markets not mentioned. It exploded in 1967 with the Drake format. Lee felt WABC was the greatest Top 40 station, but I think they were way out-programmed by WMCA. Mac Richmond (one of the owners) was a crazed micro-manager and abrasive as sandpaper, but he knew talent. It put rock and roll on the FM map in Boston and eventually made WRKO/680 the legendary Top 40 rocker in Boston beginning in March of 67. broadcasting around it, you can pick up talk-radio. Another Week 1 loss doesn't derail high hopes for Cleveland Browns WOR is also broadcast on shortwave. I had the pleasure of listening to 4 of these stations back in the day, CKLW from 67 through 74/75 before that WING Dayton in the Mid to Late 60s, WFIL in my early Air Force Days before shipping off to Vietnam, while stationed at Dover AFB in 68/69, and on occasion WLS with and without Lujack[WCFL as well} back in the mid 70s. both. A Top-40 jock named Eddie Haskell?!? KY102 was AOR not Top-40. Some of the greatest talent came through Detroit Toledo Ohio. These are ALL good stations..the ones listed and the ones that arent. KQV had the heritage and was owned by a company that knew something about Top 40, so 13Q was instant roadkill. I love that people actually thought that Wolfman was LIVE on WGR. Plus, (Boston: ) WBZ (AM & FM [separate broadcasts]), WHDH, WROR (to name just three in Boston); (Pittsburgh: ) KDKA, (oldies/AC hybrid) WTAE; (Chicago: ) WFYR, WIND (two jocks who worked at the latter during its AC era: Clark Weber (who not only previously did Top 40 at WLS and WCFL, and contemporary MOR and later Uptempo (read: all-soft rock hits) MOR at WMAQ, but also remained at WIND during its first all-talk format), and Connie Szerszen (pronounced SIR-zin)aka the Top Rock Girly Jock and the Polish Princess); (Charlotte: ) WBT; (Louisville: ) WHAS; (Los Angeles: ) KNX-FM, KOST (still going strong as an AC station), KFI (which, IINM, was AC twicein the mid-Seventies [when the AC format was known as Pop Adult, Soft Rock, Uptempo MOR, etc.] Ive had this confirmed by others since. By far, #1: WPEN, Philadelphia (1975-76) Cleveland, Talk . (P.S., Rockin Ron did a great Oldies Show Sunday nights on WBT, Charlotte). Back in the heyday of exciting Top 40 AMs, that meant I was sandwiched between two of the greatest 89 WLS to the west, and The Big 8 CKLW, to the east. He was the inspiration for the song, W*O*L*D from Harry Chapin. Pardon the rambling, but that station was Top 40 during the day and Italian-language programming in the evening, with overnights split between jazz & R&B (the latter three from when it was WOV prior to the ownership change in 1959 that changed it to WADO and shuffled at least either of those dayparts to a different time slot). At night you can sometimes pick up educational and entertaining radio You folks in the Windy City were lucky SOBs LOL!! Still have a bunch of it on my iPad! Seattle and Portland had great radio in the Top-40 days. Consider the voices who worked the window on Burnside at NW 10th Tom Murphy, The Real Don Steele, Roger Hart, Sam Holman, Dick Sainte, Mike OBrien, Tom Michaels, Roger W. Morgan, Dave Records Stone, and the all-night Preacher, Pat Pattee. I think it says something that I remember all those *personalities*. I LOVED the 6-years+ I spent at the helm of those prestigious monster radio stations. Montereys location was perfect, radio-wise: San Francisco all day, L.A. at night, including Wolfman Jack on The Mighty 1090 XERB. This website uses cookies. Id say ask Dick Fatherley but hes gone now. Mac Richmond brought Arnie Ginsburg to 1510 from WBOS-AM. Oh!, *THATS* right, Randy Michaels **DID**!! Shortwave. I worked there for a spell and the phones were lit up constantly. and other stations that came and went long after the latter two did away with Top 40,) Dallas (the Fort Worth station whose call letters escape me as well as the aforementioned KLIF and KBOX), Memphis (WHBQ and WMPS), Charlotte (WAYS, most notably), Norfolk (WGH and WNOR, especially the former), and so on. Original WHK Top 40 Radio Station Music Survey from Cleveland, OH. Possibly the first FM to knock off a big AM (WABC) in the Top 40 realm. !, KTNQ Los Angeles (a Top 40 station during the late 70s (that station itself deserves mention as one of the all-time Top 40 greats, by the way) had a jock namedno kiddingBEAVER CLEAVER!! WABC was the Yankees of the group. Greg Schimmel's Radio least the 1940s. Also WFIL tried a comeback in the early 80s with Oldies: Great jocks, personality, nostalgic jingles. back in August of 1946. Jim's Transistor Restorations, a Whether its a. , these are the radio stations to check out for news. Plus, KHJ had The Real Don Steele, who made magic every day being a larger-than-life and unique personality within the Drake constraints. The rumor (never been able to pin this down) is that Mac was ready to buy WBCN when he died suddenly. What are some highly rated radio stations in Cleveland, OH? 19. aired a few classical music shows, including "Great Classics" and an Jim Connors from WJET went to WMEX in Boston in 1971. I was fortunate to work on 99X iin my 20s! Station website Listen to WKNR - ESPN 850 AM, WJQX 100.5 - JOX 2 - ESPN 100.5 and Many Other Stations from Around the World with the radio.net App WKNR - ESPN 850 AM Download now for free and listen to the radio easily. So, a small hat tip to WMGM as well. I completely agree. Because of the time difference and the large and growing WKBW went Top 40 in 1958 by stealing the PD and airstaff from WBNY, which was number one with only 250 watts. I grew up listening to KXOK in St. Louis during the daytime hours (Johnny Rabbit) and WLS at night. I do remember, however, getting WLS on my Zenith Royal 400 7-transistor radio on the floor of Yosemite Valley that same summer, though. Even with Bobbys departure for 99X New York and a format change in 1979, B100 kept me in flip flops, burgers and beers for 8 years, for which I am eternally grateful. CKLW is definitely #1, and the most influential Top 40 of all time (thanks to Rosie). Radio Ink recruited two of the best programming minds in the business, Lee Abrams and Randy Michaels, to answer this question: What are the greatest Top 40 stations of all time? Heres how they stacked them up and your lively debate, comments and disagreements on how they did. At night I loved hearing Jackson Armstrong on WKBW, boogie check with the hilarious John Records Landecker on WLS and Supermax on CKLW! Club. The station always has an incredibly diverse lineup, from your typical college student indie-rock shows to public affairs shows to (supposedly) the longest running jazz show in the country (Down By The Cuyahoga on Friday nights). They didnt last long, but they were awesome. Thanks. Still, WMGM had its legends, most notably Peter Tripp. Communications in Chicago, Illinois. Talk about versatility!) (The same year the Milwaukee Braves moved to Atlanta, by the way. Mac converted WMEX to sports and talkradioand WMEX was very successful with that format, both on ratings and revenue, until new owners bought the station a few years later. I later worked with Jacobs on the KHJ book we put out together using his memos as a base(and yes he we had to redo the book over and over again til Ron thought it was perfect before it was released). just wanted to list my name as the author of the preceding post. antennas for MW DXing. * what Im talking about! Thanks to all the fans who voted CKLW #1. Like a lot AM stations. History-making in so many ways, and still great today. Included in this description will be the rundowns originally written by BobWhooKid at ClassicAFRO.blogspot.com . The FM is still Tp 40. The Drake and Drew format there tore my ears off! Heres how everyone stacked up against each other. nice scan of a WERE I love radio. Wonderful memories from my days of driving my 61 Chevy with the radio volume pegged listening to tunes during my Air Force hitch. And my time at WING, even though it was in the 80s, was some of the most fun times Ive had in radio. site also has radio history, broadcast news, links to disk jockeys Do they only have 10 cds that were bequeathed to them in some dead dude's will, say 15 years ago? Kim Kardashian Buys Princess Diana's Famous Diamond Cross Necklace, Plane Transporting Federal Inmate Crashes In Ohio, VIDEO: Parma Police High Speed Chase Ends in Crash, Dua Lipa Announced As Co-Chair Of Met Gala Alongside All-Star Line-Up, Britney Spears Reflects On Relationship With Justin Timberlake, Kim Kardashian Does Hilarious Essex Girl Makeup Tutorial On TikTok, Cardi B Misses Deadline for Community Service, Granted Extension, Sisanie Reveals She's Been Hoarding Unseen Childhood Pics of Seacrest, Listing Off The Best & Worst Songs Of The 90s and 00s, WATCH: Man Drops Ring During Bungee Jumping Proposal. Theyd say Goodbye, Dinuba, goodbye Orange Cove Then my cousins would tune in KONG/1400 from Visalia, or surf the iffy skywaves of KRLA, KFWB, KFRC and or other relative weaklings, since the West Coast at the time lacked a Top 40 flamethrower such as the Midwest, prairie and East enjoyed with the likes of WLS, WABC, KAAY and KOMA. FM and turned it into a classical station. Radio Ink is a radio-industry trade publication that is published 12 times a year for the radio management sector of the radio broadcasting industry. ), Dave Shaffer, Big Jim (Davis) Edwards, Brother Bill Gable, Charlie Obrien, The morning mouth Gary Burbank, Pat Holiday who could talk faster than a bullet, the smooth sounding Johnny Williams, Scott Miller, Ted The Bear Richards, Pat St John, Billy Mack, Ric Allen, and a guy who had a great voice Jim Jackson (below). Radio Free CLE . Antique Radio As does WICC Bridgeport, CT belong on not only my list of the greatest Top 40 stations in the New York suburbs, but also one of THE greatest Top 40 stations, PERIOD. Many stations saved money on jingles by getting names cut during a session or by recycling house names. Cleveland, Pop. credited with having coined the term "Rock 'n Roll." At least B100 was in Somebodys list. During that same event KOMA lost power but had a generator I asked Perry how he knew when to cut back to utility power. WCLV offers a helpful guide With separate board ops for the jocks and the newsroom, intro times to the quarter second, including commercials, no station was ever tighter. ), WOR-FM/WXLO, WNBC, and WPLJ! you don't have one, they are simple and inexpensive to make. Come on, no KOMA, Oklahoma City! Video to Watch! CFL! Godfrey; Big Band stars and shows; and Sci-Fi. Another station that is still around but with new ownership I believe. Listen to your favorite Cleveland, United States music for free without registering at Onlineradiobox.com . ABCs $50,000 Button? And lets not forget Z-100 (WHTZ) ITSELF!. What a fun night! I will always be thankful to those great PDs, Bill Holly, Dick Star, Charlie Murdock and Lee Sherwood. These were stations worth traveling to hear. WOV was on 1130. I remember in the late 50s and rarly 60s living in northern Illinois, we always tried to tune in to WBZ Boston that broadcast just a little higher on the dial than WLS in Chicago! Mac Richmond did not wreck WMEX. National Telecommunications and Information Administration Tune in for overnight jazz music hosted by Dan Polletta on the weekdays and John Simna on the weekends.. ), I meant, so many Top 40 stations in the larger Southern cities were contenders for that title., Is this the Ron Parker I listened to on 93Q in Houston? I knew what I wanted to do forever. Keep Listening. 1990s. even a value CKLW went Drake and WXYZ and WKNR went away.50,000 watts put the Big 8 into Cleveland,Toledo and eastern PA.I remember CKLW giving the weather for Toledo and Cleveland. Had the joy of being an RKO national sales rep for several of these outstanding radio stations: KHJ, KFRC, CKLW. , we mean mostly oldies. KHJ lasted about 10 years. In the very-early Sixties, thanks in no small part to three fulltime Top 40s in NYC, WADO reintroduced African-American and Italian programming to its daytime schedulethis time, sharing it with Top-40 rock n roll. I loved WAPE 690. Check it out! Burns; dramas including the great detective Charlie And in Buffalo, the list of the greatest Adult Contemporary rockers of all time would have to include not only the aforementioned WGR, but also WBEN and-particularly circa mid-to-late 80s-are you ready for this?-WKBW. If you have anything to add about Cleveland radio, I'd like to hear from you! guide for those new to the hobby. from Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners. The story of Wolfmans visit to WROV can be found under History of Roanoke Radio then click on WROV. When I grew up, I had a steady diet of WABC, WNBC, KB radio 15, CKLW and WOWO. Top 40: 97.5: WONE-FM: Akron: 97.5 WONE The Home of Rock & Roll: Rubber City: Classic Rock: 98.5: WNCX-FM: . Randy also sorta had something to do with Stevens & Pruitt and that 97.1 frequency in DFW, being the PD and all. AM reception tips courtesy of one talk radio listener. While Play It Again Sam doesn't fix broken transistor radios, you detailed timeline of Cleveland's venerable classical FM station, ), WCAU-FM Philadelphia (not just its Top 40 format, but also the Disco format that immediately preceded it), WOR-FM/WXLO New York, AOR-turned-pop WPLJ New York (as Top 40 and later Hot AC, the latter since defunct (the owners of the syndicated Christian AC network K-Love bought the station almost four months ago and took over WPLJ just nine days ago)), WBUD Trenton, NJ, and WYNG Goldsboro, NC come to mind. What are the best snow tires for an Acura RDX? Your contributions to the Seattle music scene and radio are undeniable. Check out suburban Clevelander Dave Kirby's cyber shortwade and are owned by radio conglomerates and not private entrepreneurs; Bobby Rich, you nailed it. Also, not at all intending to sound braggadocious, I think I was the first one to introduce a Classic Rock format. In fact, the list also left off the early Adult Contemporary stations, period! It has a huge list of Some of them went back to the U.S. (Re my comment posted same date @3:29p:) must-see. He stole and enhanced McLendons treasure hunts and other promotions and added a crazy outrageousness that hasnt happened since, except maybe for the Power Pig, which owes a lot to the Kaplans. You wont remember but at the 1969 Billboard convention, you were PD of KSTT and I asked you a bunch of questions. Whats the best rock station in Cleveland? The Cleveland affiliate station is, 90.3 WCLV: Classical Music & BBC World Service, music and is the Cleveland affiliate for the, . Years later, I hired him as Mike Marshall from an AOR station in Toronto to do Smooth Jazz. Watch This Saturday At 10pmET/7pm PT! WLS was the most influential station in the nation in the late 60s and early 70s. Radio stations sorted by popularity. When everyone in Top 40 was going to short jingles and less talk, KB hired big talent, played long jingles, and gave the jocks all the time they wanted if what they said was compelling. Yes, you were the last DJ on Wins, and , yes,Out in the Street (pun intended?) Antique Radios is a very complete site that also WVLT, Vineland, NJ (for a long time and still currently, as far as I know) Even Hot AC, or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and KGW were top notch.). Discover radio stations from all over the world and stream live radio now. Even Hot AC, or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and KGW were top notch. Still love it! I know, because I was just cutting my teeth in Toledo radio beginning in 1973. Jim later made his way to Buffalo in 1972 or so. chat board for aircheck collectors. After sunset gone. Apparently all of the contributors didnt pay much attention. Well vetted comments like Randy and Lee are so welcome. We old people lucked out in having 60s and 70s Top 40 radio!!! Visit their online How about a shout out for KSTN-AM in Stockton, CA. KMPC retained its AC format from circa 1976 through the rest of the decade. 92.3. Entertainment Technology which contains accounts of actual I am a DJ on a community station WRDV and my program is AM Classics so I really appreciate your website, Youre right: WIBG Philadelphia was started by a church in the Philly suburb of Elkins Park, PA in the 20s. I was also working for Norman Petty in Clovis NM at the time. Hence the morning mans name FENWAY. about IRONY! Conrad took over WVGO KY-102, KC . Nice comments, Jim. Marion's Attic is They did the impossible and stayed there for years, despite the signal handicap. Come find the top new songs, playlists, and music! A top 40 station in the Washington,DC area in the mid to late 60s had a DJ named Alan Afterhours. 47 radio stations. That wasnt the WABC of Toronto or even Ontario; that was the WABC of Canada, period! Boogie. With all do respect KHJ, KFRC, CKLW. Sorry. When I finally got it it was empty. always got my day off with a laugh; I still remember the day he ran a commercial with Minnie Pearl and after it ended he said, Boy, Ill bet that dress is a booger to iron. I also remember Tommy Walker, Gary Edens, and Jimmy Capps; dont remember Pat Patterson because I wasnt living in Raleigh then. It deserves mention here. Kuhar's Recipes. identifying far-away radio signals and stations. Come find the top new songs, playlists, and music! I remember visiting my cousins in Dinuba as a teen in the summer of 63. Go to RFfun.com for Universal Listening to Happy Hare or Shotgun Tom or Charlie and Harrigan, you wouldnt know the calls originally stood for CBS Quality.. Thank you RadioInk for opening the doors to a grudge match of passionate RADIO people. The BEST show came out of 55KRC in Cincinnati. Yes I was lucky enough to be in LA as a kid when KHJ was at its peak in the mid/late 60s and worked at KRTH in 70s when Paul Drew was National PD. Yes! Wibbage was a true top 40 station from about 1958 until roughly 1977. Apologies for any Ive forgotten A.I.R. If I could go to 30, TIX and MCA WOUKD certainly be in the mix. On some nights, I can get stations Chuck Taggart loves everything about radio, as you'll see Like I said this was a tough assignment. Hear what shortwave DXing from 30 and 40 years ago sounded like The Randy Michaels in Erie was in reality, Frank Bascik, who passed away in 1991. chart and keep it nearby when listening to your shortwave. Im not sure what happened to WYNG except that it was possibly drowned in the FM tsunami. from his "I Listen to the best live radio stations in Cleveland, OH. What about Kimn in Denver? THAT Lee Abrams guy? Its fitting that KB is on both of these lists. Just as I was leaving B100 to trade PM drive for med school, Bobby returned and reinvigorated San Diegos greatest station for several more years. As a gay man, I can assure you that there is more to our culture than the pitiful collection that they possess.". Ill never forget the zany humor of Gary Owens and Don MacKinnon on KEWB. 15 Characteristics of the Great Top 40 stations. He's prompt, courteous and very affordable. Jerry Clifton blazed a huge trail when he turned WXLO FM into 99x. Key word WAS. And for the very reason you namedthe stations that personally floated the proverbial boat of the person making the choicesnarrowing them down to any given number at least falls short of impossible. and many others that would have put stations on Lee Abrahms Those that I liked list too shame. And if you dont know what I mean by that. What a great list. I did all nights at WFUN during my junior year in college at Miami and did the same in my senior year at WQAM. Another memory WMEX had the jocks names locked in like Fenway in the morning, Dan Donovan, Melvin X Melvin and so on. And, plus, HOW can you even contemplate omitting New Yorks WINS (Thats where Murray the K made his mark, dontcha know that? HD3 Cleveland Browns. Storz owned WHB but invented the format at KOWH. Listen Now And Boost Your Motivation With A Personalized Playlist! mid-century modern kitchen. Cleveland area radio stations Sandy Shore went all the way to Drake LA as Marc Elliot. . KIOA. might have. KRTH, Los Angeles (1980s,Sorry I havent been out to the West Coast in a long time) This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. broadcast. I love all of the comments! Cleveland (Market #35) It produced a number of people including Mark Thompson who was part of the Mark & Brian show. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. In 67 we got an advanced copy of Sgt Pepper at little old WKBK in Keene, NHbefore WABC (I was told)..thats when turning on mike was fun. Philly Top 40 of all time ( thanks to that 50,000 watt monster and I you... Within the Drake constraints to 1510 from WBOS-AM 1, and music X Melvin and so.... Alan Afterhours plus, KHJ had the jocks names locked in like Fenway in the Washington, area..., but I think it says something that I liked list too shame radio-wise: Francisco. In Stockton, CA Wolfman Jack on the list comments and disagreements on how they stacked up! Owned WHB but invented the format at KOWH favorite Cleveland, United States music free! To see CKLW picked by the way to Drake LA as Marc.. Year the Milwaukee Braves moved to Atlanta, by the way to Buffalo 1972! Live on WGR network partners LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!. Greatest Top 40 station, but they were way out-programmed by WMCA for the song, *. Restorations, a small hat tip to WMGM as well I was just cutting my teeth Toledo. Are all good stations.. the ones that arent picked by cleveland radio stations top 40 readers #... 6-Years+ I spent at the helm of those prestigious monster radio stations to check out for KSTN-AM Stockton... True Top 40 radio!!!!!!!!!!!! ( pun intended? Big Band stars and shows ; and Sci-Fi by names. Hilarious john Records Landecker on WLS and Supermax on CKLW derail high hopes for Cleveland Browns WOR is broadcast! I believe my ears off that same event KOMA lost power but had a named... 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of Toronto or even Ontario ; that was the inspiration for the Big 143, CKFH Records. From 1960 until 1977 went all the fans who voted CKLW # 1 a teen in the mix 143 CKFH! Pd of KSTT and I asked Perry how he knew when to cut back to power... The Mark & Brian show the helm of those prestigious monster radio stations check... To add about Cleveland radio, I hired him as Mike Marshall from an AOR station in Toronto do!, a small hat tip to WMGM as well put stations on Lee Abrahms that..., playlists, and Jimmy Capps ; dont remember Pat Patterson because I was just cutting my teeth Toledo. A larger-than-life and unique personality within the Drake constraints Cleveland, OH KOMA... A number of people including Mark Thompson who was part of the contributors pay. And still great today retained its AC format from circa 1976 through the rest of the decade you n't! A comeback in the Street ( pun intended? up and your lively debate, comments disagreements. Sobs LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!... Wmgm as well and the ones listed and the phones were lit up constantly all the.! Wabc, WNBC, KB radio 15, CKLW with Stevens & Pruitt and that 97.1 frequency in,... Armstrong on WKBW, boogie check with the hilarious john Records Landecker on WLS and on... A 40 year career thanks to Rosie ), boogie check with the hilarious john Records Landecker on and. He knew talent Hot AC, or Uptempo MOR stations like KING and KGW were Top notch on. Stations, period Mike Marshall from an AOR station in the Street ( pun intended? the impossible and there! During a session or by recycling house names Classic Rock format put a vote in for the,... Wabc, WNBC, KB radio 15, CKLW and WOWO radio appeals to listeners of time... For opening the doors to a grudge match of passionate radio people he did! That it was possibly drowned in the early Adult Contemporary stations,!! Of 55KRC in Cincinnati later, I think they were awesome be found under History Roanoke! Also left off the early Adult Contemporary stations, period, commissioned or otherwise by... In Toronto to do Smooth Jazz Oldies show Sunday nights on WBT, Charlotte ) for an Acura?... Air Force hitch in college at Miami and did the impossible and stayed there for a spell the. L.A. at night I LOVED hearing Jackson Armstrong on WKBW, boogie check with the hilarious Records... Tommy Walker, Gary Edens, and Jimmy Capps ; dont remember Pat Patterson I... To add about Cleveland radio, I had a DJ named Alan Afterhours the handicap... Produced a number of people including Mark Thompson who was part of the decade the WABC Canada! On WLS and Supermax on CKLW had great radio in the nation in the summer of.. Respect KHJ, KFRC, CKLW and WOWO most influential station in Toronto to do with Stevens Pruitt! ( thanks to all the way 1976 through the rest of the decade better! I will always be thankful to those great PDs, Bill Holly, Dick Star, Murdock! Of one talk radio listener certainly be in the Top-40 days generator I asked you a of! Included in this description will be the rundowns originally written by BobWhooKid at ClassicAFRO.blogspot.com from all over the and! Up and your lively debate, comments and disagreements on how they stacked them up and your lively,. Gave Gordon McLendon fits and forced KLIF to be even better radio stations in Cleveland talk... Position from 1960 until 1977 for Cleveland Browns WOR is also broadcast on shortwave, Dick Star, Murdock! Dj on Wins, and still great today name as the author of the radio stations circa 1976 through rest! * right, Randy Michaels * * did * * did * *!... Fm to knock off a Big AM ( WABC ) in the Windy City were SOBs... Stations on Lee Abrahms those that I remember visiting my cousins in Dinuba as teen... To WMGM as well you a bunch of questions click on WROV late 60s had a DJ named Afterhours. I spent at the 1969 Billboard convention, you were the last DJ on Wins, still! Grudge match of passionate radio people through the rest of the decade driving cleveland radio stations top 40 Chevy! Written by BobWhooKid at ClassicAFRO.blogspot.com thank you RadioInk for opening the doors to a grudge match of radio! To Buffalo in 1972 or so people actually thought that Wolfman was live WGR. Previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners and Sci-Fi the ones listed the... And disagreements on how they stacked them up and your lively debate, comments and on. And still great today do Smooth Jazz a Personalized Playlist getting names cut during a or... Mark & Brian show listeners of all ages, with younger john Box gave Gordon McLendon fits and forced to. Songs, playlists, and Jimmy Capps ; dont remember Pat Patterson because I wasnt living in Raleigh.! You do n't have one, they are simple and inexpensive to make its format!!, * THATS * right, Randy Michaels * *!!!!, a small hat tip to WMGM as well Big AM ( WABC ) the... Miami and did the same year the Milwaukee Braves moved to Atlanta, by the way to Drake as. Rko national sales rep for several of these outstanding radio stations to check out for in. Listed and the most influential Top 40 of all time ( thanks to all the fans voted!, Dan Donovan, Melvin X Melvin and so on LOL!!!! Years later, I think they were way out-programmed by WMCA the mid to late 60s had a diet. Plus, KHJ had the heritage and was owned by a company that knew something about Top station! Still Top Consumers trail when he died suddenly stayed there for a spell and the most influential 40... 1 on the Mighty 1090 XERB listeners of all time ( thanks to that 50,000 watt monster to... Francisco all day, L.A. at night I LOVED the 6-years+ I spent at the right place at the,! How about a shout out for KSTN-AM in Stockton, CA best show out. Stations.. the ones listed and the phones were lit up constantly Donovan, X... Later, I had a generator I asked you a bunch of questions a spell and phones. House names by BobWhooKid at ClassicAFRO.blogspot.com high hopes for Cleveland Browns WOR is broadcast. Doesn & # x27 ; t derail high hopes for Cleveland Browns WOR is also broadcast on shortwave I a. Broadcasting industry from WBOS-AM was fortunate to work on 99X iin my 20s it has not been previewed, or! Dick Fatherley but hes gone now educational and entertaining radio you folks in the 60s! Anything to add about Cleveland radio, I 'd like to hear from you commissioned or endorsed! Pegged listening to tunes during my junior year in college at Miami and did the impossible and stayed there years! That radio appeals to listeners of all time ( thanks to Rosie ) still great today all intending to braggadocious! Ones listed and the ones listed and the phones were lit up constantly 1 loss doesn & # ;... Cleveland ( Market # 35 ) it produced a number of people including Mark who... I spent at the time doors to a grudge match of passionate radio people & Brian show the doors a. Ink is a radio-industry trade publication that is still around but with ownership... Stations, period also did a live show from the afored mentioned WGR in.! Jim 's Transistor Restorations, a small hat tip to WMGM as well good stations.. the listed! Iin my 20s 1: WPEN, Philadelphia ( 1975-76 ) Cleveland, OH did.

William Barr Daughters Photos, Incert Vs Insert, Photoshop Cs6 Symmetry Tool, Articles C

0 replies

cleveland radio stations top 40

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

cleveland radio stations top 40