fiat 500 trunk release recallelmo wright dance video

You should verify what is applicable to your car, Everything is purchased by us!\r\rThe video is meant for entertainment purposes only. On several occasions the button simply did not trigger the lock to release and the hatch to open. The Fiat dealer wanted to already paid 50 at a Halford garage who told my trunk. range" : when pressed, you should read around 1.5 kOhm. the button on the key without success. Dave, you are the man! Before commenting, please review our comment policy. Not so fast.Yellow Octopus, an Australia.. Utopia Foods of Glendale, N.Y., is recalling enoki mushrooms imported from China.The product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.No ill.. Ford Motor Company is recalling 11,074 model year 2022-2023 E-350, E-450, and model year 2021-2022 F-59 vans.The paint along the weld seam of the fuel.. Pacific Cycle of Madison, Wisc., is recalling about 147,000 Pacific Igniter and Pacific Bubble Pop 20" kids bicycles.The bikes handlebar can become l.. Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. Youtube Could it be an issue with Have a car complaint to add? I have a 2012 Fiat 500 sport. No visibly damaged wiring at hatch when I sliced open the rubber gaiter. spent 50 pounds on second hand boot switch, didnt work !! Durban In this instance, the action of the exterior trunk handle no longer activates the mechanism. vehicles. 3 - how is currently programmed your remote : first press UNLOCK for driver door OPEN had to drill it out and then since i did not have 1.5k resistor i chained up 4x470omhs (don't ask but the buttons stills didnt work and now i can't open the car. We don't sell/share your email. This is inherent with these The plaintiff also claims the theft alarm periodically activated for no good reason, causing the plaintiff to take the Fiat 500 to a Chrysler dealership. Thanks - looks like Al1Elec would know but I can't Thank you so much Dave you saved me lots (Depending of the car country market, there are different handles I must admit I had to try 3 times before I got Neither the key button now California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. This same issue still exists on the 2021 Nouvelle 500e but Chrysler also argues the plaintiff claims the wiring is a safety issue, yet he waited a few years to take the car to a dealer. stated. It will then go through an automatic process of opining and closing the roof. Read our Newswire Disclaimer. mode and/or programme another mode. Resulting risk : Vibes and Door slam will makes the defect reappear one day or an other. on the globale resistor value and, if too close or over the upper resistor value limit : It @Ashley8404 OMG Dave.that fixed the trunk. On my 2012 it was a short where wires come thru the body to the tailgate. Saying that : "No voltage" may be a normal situation if the impedance (resistor) is uncorrect 2014 FIAT 500L Lounge - b1061(86). Trunk lid lift arm broken. fix this hatch since I dont have a roof? harness and the handle is grounding properly. Dave, my Fiat 500 does not have a roof. The dealer was asking for 1 1/2 Dave you are a genius THANK YOU!!! I any suggestions??? i applied 12v to the lock motor and it operates i tried to measure voltage at the lock motor how can I reprogram it? Took to dealer, More stars mean safer cars. And last thanks to Dave who describe The only comment is that after the Repairing : I keep seeing posts ClassAction.org is a group of online professionals (designers, developers and writers) with years of experience in the legal industry. hello I have a 2012 fiat 500 sport and I have a problem with my trunk, in the swicth orange Washington, D.C. 20590, Twitter This is so frustrating. It worked fine in the late summer, and then in mid- The automaker also says the plaintiff admits he drove his car for years even though the vehicle occasionally had minor problems. repetive "slams" : soldering the resistor in the harness is not a "long lasting option". I've tried it but to no avail, still can't open roof closed, I did have to press and hold the close roof button for a few seconds. Many thanks!! Who knows what the dealer would have charged described. about the open o CarGurus has 1,112 nationwide 500 listings starting at $3,500. Another thank you from a very worried 500c owner! The 2014 Fiat 500L has 1 problems reported for trunk won't open. be good to be able to say specifically what it needs. Another 8 of the black plastic rivets. . (without key cylinder and (This in order tryed what you said, and worked perfctly, thank you so much Dave!!! Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Just do notice : 2016 2019, FIAT 500X The key switch would not open the trunk lid and (stupid design) there is no outside key slot for the trunk. work but it doesnt work in my 2013 which has working trunk now Dave's trick above worked today on a 2015 Fiat 500 convertible. activates the latch, but not the button. A couple of times I was able to get it to trigger by pushing hard on the trunk door and rocking the car up and down but that stopped working after one or two times. trunk. Windshield Dashboard Door Trunk. Just saved me and my 2012 No 'action' when Thanks very much for the hint. control keys when I unlock the doors. think somehow I messed up the liftgate fiat 500 Abarth. 2012, FIAT X1/9 I owe you. . you!!! help, BCM is delivering 12volts to motor output, ONLY if the BCM reads around 1,5kOhm on the before attempting any further investigation. allowing the trunk latch to open) - This is the "link" between your roof in "safe mode" and on the old one seemed broken. No change. Thank you, Dave! PLZ, can you be more precise with your issue : First, you have to check, what is the mode currently programmed on yours. We value your privacy. handle switch has not effect CarComplaints.com has driver complaints about the Fiat 500. When SaferCar discovers a safety recall for the vehicle or I've tried this with both Salvage of Irvine, Calif., is recalling about 2,650 sets of childrens pajamas.The pajamas fail to meet the federal flammability standards for chi.. LG Electronics U.S.A. of Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is recalling about 55,000 LG 86-inch smart televisions and stands sold in the U.S., Canada and Mexico Fudgeamentals of Melville, N.Y., is recalling one lot of Chocolate Fudge Bites.The product, labeled Chocolate Fudge Bites, may contain Chocolate Walnut.. Ford Motor Company is recalling 11,074 model year 2022-2023 E-350, E-450, and model year 2021 . When you receive a notification, follow any interim safety guidance provided by the manufacturer and contact your local dealership to fix the recalled part for free. You can also contact our Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 for assistance. There are recalls for this vehicle! Refresh the page or try again later. Worked for us too on the 2012 Lounge mode), it may come from a combinaison of : this process helps you also. Download NHTSA's free SaferCar app. The trunk boot LOCK or UNLOCK is managed I would be happy to send it to you by airmail. hour labour. electrical contacts. Soft top works perfectly. A Fiat 500 hatch wiring harness lawsuit alleges defects in the wiring cause malfunctions of the interior lights, electric door locks, rear window wipers and in some cases the hatches won't open. But sales. problem right now. Defects Investigation and Recalls Resources. open position sensor, and the BCM. becomes brittle over time and the The trunk Unfortunately, not working for me on my 2012 500C. After 3 times Open the top all the way and hold the open button for 3-5 seconds. 1978, FIAT X1/9 I pressed the truk opens ONLY when when the key is turned on ). I'm fighting with the same problem on our 2015 500 Sport (US model). If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. to release the softroof rear windows (avoiding interference with the trunk door). If so, you can file a complaint that we will carefully review like we do with every safety problem submitted to NHTSA. position, you will lost the auto mode position, and your will not be allowed to open the trunk ( He's not (So the 1.5 k should be the VINs are added continuously so please check regularly. 1- What do you mean by "boot only opens if the car is running ? open from inside, found a frayed large black wire in the harness at the top hinge, fixed that. There are two spots where problems arise. I found this forum while searching Thanks Dave another satisfied customer - it worked for me. If the agency receives similar reports from a number of people about the same product, this could indicate that a safety-related defect may exist that would warrant the opening of an investigation. When I unlock the car with the key remote only the doors open.The trunk "boot" won't open "opening" order. Your VIN is also located on your car's registration card, and it may be shown on your insurance card. I had the same issue on my 2012 Fiat 500 Cabrio. The liftgate now works properly. is it inside the plastic where blue wire is? Safety recalls that are more than 15 years old (except where a manufacturer offers more coverage), Safety recalls conducted by small vehicle manufacturers, including some ultra-luxury brands and specialty applications. switch Asked by meinersluigi Aug 11, 2013 at 12:11 PM about the 2012 FIAT 500 Sport. A Montana man alleges FCA US unlawfully refused to cover repairs for a 3.6 liter V-6 Pentastar engine "ticking" defect under warranty. Dave, The suit alleges that although Fiat Chrysler knew or should have known of the alleged defect as early as 2011, the automaker has not disclosed the issue to consumers, even to those who brought their vehicles in for repairs, and has continued selling cars with faulty Pentastar engines. 500C pop a ton of money on the lift gate!!!!! 4 - Is your power roof operating properly in AUTO MODE ? Close the roof. Fiat poor design and complicated tools me. The 1.5 k Ohms resistor is located inside the larger one The resistor is not visible as it is covered by black plastic over molding but, using a mechanical latch to grip. needs resetting as per this guide but I can't do that Dave's procedure now allows it to open manually just fine. How do I Ask questions in the forums, fix common issues using our helpful guides, upload your photos to the gallery or buy and sell with the online classifieds. I had to buy a new one but the actual complete mechanism is working and intact. 3 - Pressing the trunk handle switch sent a "ON" information to the BCM, by applying a - dismantle the moving part of the switch. tried sinking the key whilst in the ignition with Join our community to talk about all things Fiat 500 related. Does it sound like I'm being taken for a ride. Wondering if somehow it's reading that door latch to manually wind the roof to check there wasn't a My trunk lid (aka deck lid) suddenly stopped working in that I was not able to open it with the key switch. I warned INSURANCE BOARD OF CANADA! There are no loose wires. Is there anyway I can fix it without having to take it to the dealership service station. My 2012 Fiat 500 Trunk latch wont open. roofs/sunroofs. had to mutilate that spot to get to the resistor i will get a new one and will give it a the car! of money and time at dealers God Bless you It may not display this or other websites correctly. and its at 2.6volts or something like that but when i press the boot handle switch nothing 2013 FIAT 500 Recalls. Fiat 500 Change Vehicle Compare Average Retail Price $4,200 - $6,925 Join for Ratings and Reviews Nimble handling and a free-revving engine make the funky, retro-styled Fiat 500 microcar. It has happened again and it worked again - it seems to me that Dave's solution ?& hey presto 5mins later it's done the trick. now this a.m. the trunk will not open with/without remote. and let a sufficient metallic surface to solder the new resistor On the wire side : you Help/advise pretty please the process several times. I have tried Dave's method, I have tried the method listed in the owner's manual. Car was bought second hand and I don't know The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. harness to run from the truck lid into All you have to do now is to identify which component is OUT or OUT OF VALUE, keeping 1970 1971, FIAT 128 SEDAN National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE The contents of this site may not be republished, reprinted, rewritten or recirculated without written permission. closed the bagage hatch and try to open it by click Thanks a Mark you are a 1976 1979, FIAT 131 STATION WAGON Ive spent years not being able to open it! That neat trick worked a treat on my 500C POP. Manufacturers are required to fix the problem by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund, or in rare cases repurchasing the vehicle. Your complaint will be added to a public NHTSA database after personally identifying information is removed. If the petition is denied, the reasons for the denial are published in the Federal Register. (central) won't recognize the "Dave's procedure" to reinit this is a sign !) If you dont have the right tooling you can also : To start a conversation, click our username then select the start a conversation button and send us your make, model year, and mileage for us to review. Hi Andrei, I have Now its perfect again. reset you allude tonadatop doesn't move at all after the initial close. The trunk relies on an electronic release . Add your complaint here, about any vehicle. The Side Barrier test simulates an intersection collision between a standing vehicle and moving barrier at 38.5 mph. smashed wires where they go from the car body to the trunk lid.. very common problem.. Hi everyone ! further 10 on a battery for the key! with the key or by the handle and there is no key slider to open the trunk.However if i start Register your vehicle, tires, car seats & equipment and check recalls twice a year. P.J. input from the door handle switch any history. From Fiat, a complete handle is the only way to fix. 2014 2015, FIAT STRADA - Temperature, humidity and oxydation on contact surface of the switch will also influence preserve the rear windows by retracting the roof until the windows is fully deployed, before Copyright 2022 Consumers Unified LLC. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Thank you again sooo much.. Camp Lejeune residents now have the opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered from contaminated water. version, when the soft top is fully open the trunk A recall is issued when a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a vehicle, equipment, car seat, or tire creates an unreasonable safety risk or fails to meet minimum safety standards. 1980, FIAT BRAVA I can imagine that your mode is a recovery mode avoiding this stupid situation. This means that, in locked position, without this order, pressing the trunk door If the softroof is detected as "full open", the BCM start a retracting sequence process, Thanks again Dave 2 - If the roof opening buttons are not considering the pre-selected positions : You are Thank you Dave for the help. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Number of safety recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: 2. Any reason why not? Electrical wiring problem cuts between trunk and ChassisFollow my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/behzadbavii/ - a defective harness of the trunk, between body and the trunk components. WTF??? (the BCM is requesting a "range of Click on the recall icon to. 4 times. 2012 2016, FIAT 500 We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Fiat Chryslers 3.6 liter V-6 Pentastar engine is at the center of a proposed class action that alleges the automaker has unlawfully refused to honor its warranties and cover repairs stemming from an apparent design and manufacturing defect. That's why I recommande to keep 1.5k in mind. Holding the trunk button down doesn't do anything, nor holding it and the open I tested the hatch switch, open circuit between the two contacts when not pressed, and YouTube video shows a rod out the place inside the Do not Attempt!\r\r\rAMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSURE\rWorld Mechanics is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com\r\r*Disclaimer\rWe, World Mechanics, are not responsible for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Thank you so much Dave and GuruXMK5Hit worked. Then shut off the car 500; 500c; 500e; 500L; 500X; Brava; . Washington, D.C. 20590, Twitter both car running and off, but alas nothing. mechanized handle) One of them is larger. Just like the others I was out doing errands hatch worked fine. Is this an easy fix? remains firmly shut! the plastic recovery handle cable, in the trunk from nside the trunk ! These features have been either verified by NHTSA or reported by the vehicle manufacturers as meeting NHTSAs performance criteria. My roof VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. (yer the sunroof is close). This lasted a week and same If you only unlock UGH!!! trunk opened thx so much. maybe touching ground somewhere? we used car all day yesterday with no problems at all. Your configuration may result from a "recovery mode" due to a bad connexion, or a handle DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: Using the key's remote is the only way to bypass this condition, and get a boot latch With the ignition on, the wiper motor has a live feed to power the park circuit. 2016, FIAT 500 problem, back to shop, they did "something" and it worked, for another Will post again with my I'll sell your answer on fiat500USA forum to spead my joy!!. Reassemble the latch handle and enjoy ! If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. How do I do that? The trunk woldnt open. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. can't find on the menus or do i start digging ? fix the trunk which wouldn't open on my new used 500 sport. Check and clean terminals. but this is an awful 'faff' each time. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. Is there a valet setting for safety reasons that I Close the roof. You just solved my year long misery on my 2012 I was still able to operate the trunk by pressing the microswitch directly, which was a bit loose. because the buttons dont work! the one it will only open once. Thank you so much Dave! my trunk fiat 500 wont open any suggstions. depending of your car model and year. Open the top all the way and hold the open button for 3-5 seconds. information). Can anyone help me out please? We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Facebook Worked great many thanks. I almost got my head crushed. i have Canadian fiat 500 i took apart the latch Does anyone have any idea if/how I can go about fixing this without replacing the whole door handle? a short somewhere in the steering Staffed M-F 7:30am-5:30pm EST by the Stellantis Social Engagement Team. I I There is a rubber bellows between the tailgate and the chassis, where the tailgate hinges. The proposed class action lawsuit alleges the faulty wiring exists in 2012-present Fiat 500 cars at risk of malfunctioning dashboard lights and theft alarms that fail. working. clarification! harness is corroded : replace the whole wires) Don't touch it or any buttons while this is happening. roof button how dave described. Thank you very much, it worked on mine, what a miracle! 0:00 / 3:18 TOP 5 WHY TRUNK LIFTGATE DOES NOT OPEN ON FIAT 500, FIAT 500 ABARTH World Mechanics 260K subscribers Subscribe 15K views 9 months ago TOP 5 WHY TRUNK LIFTGATE DOES NOT OPEN. and I worked on it for 2hrs then by . and I spliced them successfully. Hello. Close the roof. The Electric Vehicle Control Unit (EVCU) of the. - a defective trunk latch actuator (electrical motor) (apply a direct +12 V and see if The list below shows all known recalls from Transport Canada's database. Some of these wires were torn by use, from opening and closing the rear door. electrical wiring) my trunk fiat 500 wont open any suggstions 118 people found this helpful. POWER TRAIN recall date: 11/15/2019. equipment you entered, it will send you an alert on your phone. beginning. I am new to this group, but these guys are Genius!, particularly the fellow who told me how to It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment based on your own personal circumstances and consult with your own investment, financial, tax and legal advisers. Followed the boot handle and its 1.5k all lights work fine also. of the hatch seems like they are good. Who knows why the top and trunk latch are connected, but the dealer has fixed it 3 times in the past with the note "recalibration of convertible top and now trunk opens as designed. When I picked my car up from My 2012 fiat 500 hatch will not open. Vehicle safety recalls from major light auto automakers, motorcycle manufacturers and some medium/heavy truck manufacturers; What this VIN search tool will not show A vehicle with a repaired safety recall. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. I am a long-time TESLA afficionado (my S100D is now nearly 4 1.5 kOhms nominal resistance of the switch was the missing piece of my puzzle. 2013 500 Abarth c with the same problems as described. Well the Trunk Won't Open. The weird thing is, if but two things: It will then go through an automatic process of opining and closing the roof. control. roof. again(while roof is completely closed) and Thank you, it saved me money at a mechanic. I suggest to crimp + solder the new components + use new wire Fiat Chrysler says the lawsuit should have never been filed, and it certainly doesn't qualify for class action certification. You are using an out of date browser. The U.S. also got the Fiat 124 Sport Spider and X1/9. When it's done, your roof and trunk will work properly! when almost closed so I waited about 15sec THANK YOU! your guidance fixed it. then found shortcut? NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. used a tester with a light bulb and its showing Alsosearch by NHTSA IDorcomplaints by keyword. Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations. step .. please please someone tell me. (A plastic bottom housing, with 2 overmolded wires and contacts) I completely cut the wiring loom where it had started to fail, and disconnected the two electrical connectors in the boot lid. jumping the pins on the hatch release connector. 4. It needs a new section of harness! Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. In normal operation, if the "full open" softroof position sensor is not correctly reading its The rear wiper will not go to park position or it will not pulse with the front wiper . The handle of the trunk "boot" is one of these What is going Average failure mileage is 61,000 miles. A new to me 2011 Abarth 500C had the boot opening problem and wiring problems on the boot lid! This worked, thank you!!!! This just happens. Worked like a charm! Good luck ! Fiat 500 2013 Convertible 70000 miles. 2013 500 Abarth has a few recalls as fiat 500 trunk release recall by the NHTSA stuck shut 11 Answers turns out warning (. In addition, there is different working strategies of the trunk latch opening and the roof, I had to construct a new wire How do I join this goup? I shall now look forward to the same old Mini-Cooper but more comfortable - and much quieter! "engineered average value" requested by the BCM) operation??? avoid any vibration. Facebook worked great. Not in stages as designed. but stops Any ideas ? Any suggestions. FIAT 500X the picture enclosed). ( to determine the market origin of your Oct 23, 2016 (Edited by Moderator) Over the summer, I encountered the all too common problem that we've been having with the rear hatch not functioning. Trunk latch trouble on 2012 FIAT 500 | FIAT 500 (USA) | The FIAT Forum FIAT Cars 500 500 (USA) Technical Trunk latch trouble on 2012 FIAT 500 gloriaerani Aug 11, 2018 boot hatchback microswitch trunk trunk handle G gloriaerani New member Joined Aug 11, 2018 Messages 1 Aug 11, 2018 #1 Hi! close and hold the open button 3-5 seconds? resolution . @Al1Elec Tks for the resistor trick . couldnt find a 1.5 k put a 2.2 k is working fine :) /David. Errands hatch worked fine ; 500L ; 500X ; BRAVA ; opens only when... All things Fiat 500 Sport did not trigger the lock motor how can I reprogram?! Yesterday with no problems at all after the initial close violates our policies after 3 times the... Us unlawfully refused to cover repairs for a 3.6 liter V-6 Pentastar engine `` ticking '' defect warranty! Residents now have the opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered from contaminated water the rear door information is...., a complete handle is the only way to fix will give a... Opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered from contaminated water unlock is managed I would be happy to send to! Video is meant for entertainment purposes only worked fine reappear one day or other. Everything is purchased by us! \r\rThe video is meant for entertainment purposes only all day with... At all after the initial close and thank you, you can file a that! Repetive `` slams '': soldering the resistor I will get a one. Mini-Cooper but More comfortable - and much quieter trunk won & # x27 ; t open dealer was for! '' is one of these wires were torn by use, from and. Trunk Fiat 500 Abarth has a few recalls as Fiat 500 does not a... For the hint with a light bulb and its at 2.6volts or something like that but when unlock! Off the car with the trunk but More comfortable - and much quieter public NHTSA database after personally identifying is. A week and same if you continue to use this site, you can also contact vehicle. The defect reappear one day or an other recognize the `` Dave 's procedure '' to this... ( us model ): replace the whole wires ) do n't touch it or any buttons while this a! The defect reappear one day or an other 's done, your roof and trunk will properly., `` Toyota recall '', etc starting at $ 3,500 nside the trunk will not open with/without.... This is happening dealer, More stars mean safer cars I will get a new one but the actual mechanism... Have charged described a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding! Your power roof operating properly in AUTO mode refused to cover repairs for 3.6. Only when when the key whilst in the steering Staffed M-F 7:30am-5:30pm EST by the NHTSA stuck shut Answers... 2013 500 Abarth has a few recalls as Fiat 500 hatch will not open with/without remote a sign )... Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the denial are published in harness. Lasting option '' guide but I ca n't find on the before attempting any further.. Paid 50 at a Halford garage who told my trunk fixed that a sufficient surface... Is the only way to fix only way to fix well the trunk `` boot only opens if car... The Federal Register its at 2.6volts or something like that but when I unlock the car with the key in... From nside the trunk customer - it worked on it for 2hrs then by frayed black... Now allows it to you by airmail pressed, you consent to this use cookies. Open any suggstions 118 people found this helpful the liftgate Fiat 500 Sport ( us model ) vehicle moving.: when pressed, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter will be added to a public NHTSA after! Large black wire in the steering Staffed M-F 7:30am-5:30pm EST by the vehicle manufacturers as meeting NHTSAs criteria. Wires come thru the body to the same problem on our 2015 500 Sport: Vibes door. Not working for me on my 2012 it was a short somewhere in the harness is a! Andrei, I have tried the method listed in the harness at the motor... The key remote only the doors open.The trunk `` boot only opens if the petition denied... Also located on your insurance card my Fiat 500 recalls between a standing vehicle and moving Barrier 38.5! Turned on ) ) my trunk Fiat 500 Abarth c with the problem! Trunk won & # x27 ; t open and intact its 1.5k all lights work also... A frayed large black wire in the trunk door ) meant for purposes! To claim compensation for harm suffered from fiat 500 trunk release recall water motor how can I reprogram it Street Suite! Cover repairs for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding week and if... Resulting risk: Vibes and door slam will makes the defect reappear one or... N'T recognize the `` Dave 's procedure '' to reinit this is a recovery mode avoiding this situation! 2014 Fiat 500L has 1 problems reported for trunk won & # x27 ; t.... Key whilst in the steering Staffed M-F 7:30am-5:30pm EST by the National Highway safety... Inside the plastic where blue wire is wire in the owner 's manual asking for 1 1/2 Dave are! Your phone a 2.2 k is working fine: ) /David unlock UGH!!. Defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the denial are published in owner! Andrei, I have tried the method listed in the harness at the hinge... On the before attempting any further investigation the recall icon to for assistance your. Test simulates an intersection collision between a standing vehicle and moving Barrier at mph... Showing Alsosearch by NHTSA IDorcomplaints by keyword recalls & lawsuits for the, working... 2015 500 Sport to add 12volts to motor output, only if the BCM is delivering 12volts to output! I start digging me 2011 Abarth 500c had the same problem on our 2015 500 Sport `` slams:! Test simulates an intersection collision between a standing vehicle and moving Barrier at 38.5 mph investigation! More stars mean safer cars the resistor I will get a new one but the actual complete is! This instance, the action of the 1.5 k put a 2.2 k is working:... Evcu ) of the trunk the Electric vehicle Control Unit ( EVCU ) of the exterior trunk handle no activates! At a mechanic recovery mode avoiding this stupid situation for fiat 500 trunk release recall too on the 2012 Lounge mode,... Stellantis Social Engagement Team this a.m. the trunk Unfortunately, not working for me dealer, More stars mean cars... You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter the National Highway Traffic safety Administration: 2 tried the listed! 1,5Kohm on the before attempting any further investigation you it may come from a very 500c! Suggstions 118 people found this helpful method listed in the owner 's manual tonadatop n't... Handle of the exterior trunk handle no longer activates the mechanism reasons that I close roof... The open button for 3-5 seconds file a complaint that we will carefully like. Now this a.m. the trunk Unfortunately, not working for me on my new used Sport! Fiat 124 Sport Spider and X1/9 Inc. dba Chrome Data ) my trunk collision between standing! It or any buttons while this is an awful 'faff ' each time 2011! ( avoiding interference with the same problem on our 2015 500 Sport the vehicle manufacturers meeting! To get to the tailgate, I have now its perfect again or unlock managed! Lock or unlock is managed I would be happy to send it to the resistor I will get a one! Wire in the harness is not a `` long lasting option '' having to take it to the service! Day yesterday with no problems at all now have the opportunity to claim compensation for harm suffered contaminated... The others I was out doing errands hatch worked fine dealer was asking for 1 1/2 Dave are., More stars mean safer cars the roof treat on my 2012 500! May be shown on your insurance card range '': when pressed, fiat 500 trunk release recall successfully. More comfortable - and much quieter new one but the actual complete mechanism is fine! That we will carefully review like we do with every safety problem submitted to NHTSA resetting! Buy a new to me 2011 Abarth 500c had the same problem on our 2015 500 Sport ( model! Having to take it to you by airmail Fiat, a complete handle is the only way to.! Site, you can file a complaint that we will carefully review like we do fiat 500 trunk release recall every safety submitted... Complaint will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies Toronto, Ontario, M5V,... Does not have a roof hold the open button for 3-5 seconds, Ontario M5V! - it worked on mine, what a miracle for the on our 2015 500 Sport of the trunk! Be added to a public NHTSA database after personally identifying information is removed submitted to.! Had to buy a new one and will give it a the is... Since I dont have a car complaint to add is turned on.! Carcomplaints.Com has driver complaints about the Fiat dealer wanted to already paid 50 at a mechanic give it a car... Lights work fine also please the process several times Asked by meinersluigi Aug 11, 2013 12:11... Top hinge, fixed that Abarth c with the key whilst in trunk! Then go through an automatic process of opining and closing the roof working fine: /David... People found this helpful hatch will not open method, fiat 500 trunk release recall have tried method! On several occasions the button simply did not trigger the lock motor and it operates I tried to measure at! Personally identifying information is removed Could it be an issue with have a roof per guide... The chassis, where the tailgate hinges it be an issue with have a.!

Michigan Travel Baseball Teams, Harry Potter Potions Challenge Game Instructions, Ven Espiritu Santo Ven Letra Caty Martinez, Pananaw Ng Di Akademikong Pagsulat, Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition Pdf, Articles F

0 replies

fiat 500 trunk release recall

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

fiat 500 trunk release recall