paige winter shark attack pictureselmo wright dance video

Emergency personnel, who responded quickly to the scene, said the man was bitten on his leg and groin area and died within a half hour of the attack. INJURY Severe lacerations to her leg and hand. ", WATCH: 'I'm not ready to die': Paige Winter describes surviving shark attack. He died of his injuries later that week. In April 2015, a 13-year-old boy was killed by a shark on a beach western coast of the French Indian Ocean island of Reunion. It helps the Winter family tries to find out if there was any reason why Paige was targeted. Information about your device and internet connection, like your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Yahoo websites and apps. Due to the severity of the attack, amputation of the left leg above the knee was inevitable., A department spokesperson says that although authorities are not yet able to confirm a shark was involved, the injuries are consistent with the severity of a shark bite., One witness, Lacy Whorton, told NBC News that everybody started screaming when the attack happened, and lifeguards quickly pulled Winter from the water. Fort Macon State Park ranger Paul Terry tells WCTI-TV. Bull sharks are regarded as one of the most dangerous sharks in the world due to their aggressive temperament and ability to swim in salt and fresh water. A Craven County native, Paige Winter is now a senior year high schooler at New Bern High School. 19-year-old who survived a shark attack on the North Carolina coast. And now, she's sharing her inspiring story of the role faith and family has played in her incredible recovery. Speaking ahead of a National Geographic Wild documentary that tells the teen's remarkable tale of survival, the 19-year-old recalls one of the first things she said after being attacked. With Gods grace, she safely came out of surgery and right away asked Charlie the most important question-her Snapchat! He was in the ocean, too, when a. A shark patrol officer was killed by a shark while monitoring the waters in in Saint-Leu, on the French indian ocean island of La Reunion in April 2017. Thomas Smiley, 65, a retired optometrist from Northern California, died after a shark attack off the Maui coast in May 2019. Hassiem lost his right leg that day but found a new passion during recovery: swimming. In June 2015, a 12-year-old boy was bitten on the legs while swimming off the Isle of Palms, northeast of Charleston, South Carolina. I am indeed very much alive.". In 2019, Winter, then 17, was attacked by a shark while swimming in waist-deep water at Atlantic Beah in North Carolina. Paige Winter lost her left leg and part of her hand when she was attacked by a bull shark (Photo: National Geographic) By Etan Smallman July 12, 2021 7:00 am (Updated 11:00 am) Speeding to. But within a matter of seconds, one can spot the distinct situation she is in her prosthetic leg and hand. Both recovered. The special will unpack details of Winter's attack and the inspirational story of how she remains an advocate for sharks. First he was bitten on the leg while spearfishing near Cervantes, Australia in 2004. "He is all for helping the ocean.". His training as a paramedic fire-fighter aided his daughters deliverance. "I think once I get more used to my prosthetic leg and gain more skills with it, I'd be super open to go and actually touch a shark.". She was attacked off the North Carolina coast, and according to a family Facebook post, Winter's father, Charlie, "punched the shark in the face five times before it let go.". Paige Winters life for the past one year has been chronicled in this event special program by Robin Roberts where the hostess interviews the extraordinarily brave girl who did not give up on life even in the face of excruciating pain and disabilities. Stars Keaver Brenai Paige Winter Mike Heithaus See production, box office & company info Add to Watchlist Episodes 1 Photos Add photo Top cast Williams escaped with some scratches and bruises. I think I can transform this into something good for me, good for sharks and good for the environment too," she said. "I stared at the shark face to face, looking into his eyeballs as he bit right into me," Robles told CBS News. First published on June 14, 2019 / 6:45 PM. First published on June 30, 2015 / 5:08 PM. She feels enlightened after surviving the life-threatening shark attack and does not look at it as a tragedy but a moment that taught her the greatest lesson: stay tough and live on! Friday, July 12, 2019. Brian Walshe, accused of killing wife, allegedly looked up ways to dispose of body, Helicopter crash near Ukraine kindergarten kills children, top officials, UPenn asked for info on Biden think tank donors, visitor logs, U.S. lawyer who died in Mexico was "victim of a brutal crime," family says, Matt Schlapp sued by former Herschel Walker aide alleging sexual battery, 13-year-old girl leads Nebraska troopers on 100 mph chase, Rat poison found in Taco Bell takeout order, authorities say, Couple, son get life in killing of Michigan guard over face mask dispute, Twitter is auctioning its bird statue and other office trinkets, Need a new cookware set for the new year? To gear up for the next chapter of her life, Paige has been weighing her options for post-graduation. Atlanta Paige Winter stood in waist-deep water when a shark pounced three feet from her father Charlie Winter, a firefighter and former Marine. De Gelder now travels Australia as a motivational speaker; he told People Magazine in 2014 that he's working to combat the popular misconception that sharks are out to get people. In June 2016, a 60-year-old woman diving at a popular spot in Perth, Australia, was killed by a large shark. Jeff Horton, 25, fought off a tiger shark when the animal narrowly missed his leg and took a bite out of his surfboard off the coast of Kauai, Hawaii. Whorton added that she frequently visits the beach but has never seen anything like this.. Local officials caught and killed a 15-foot shark soon after, but weren't sure if it was the same one that killed Gerring. Costello suffered wounds to his ribcage, lower leg, hip and both hands, but survived. ''Blood turns green underwater so the whole thing exploded green. Her story is documented in a new Nat Geo special, ". HAVELOCK, N.C. -- In June of 2019, Paige Winter was just 17 years old when she lost her left leg and two of her fingers in a shark attack off the North Carolina coast. "I'm still Paige-y, just a little different. "When I looked down, I just saw the head and it just kept biting and biting and biting,'' Segrich said. California Tourist, 65, Dies in Apparent Shark Attack During Hawaii Vacation, Hero Dad Punches Shark to Save Teen Daughter in 'Horrific' Attack: 'He Lives for His Children', Second Shark Attack Reported in Long Island 12 Hours After Paddleboarder Bitten at Nearby Beach, Shark Bites Teen, Marking Long Island's 6th Attack This Summer, on Same Day Dead Great White Washes Ashore, Teen Cheerleader Who Survived Shark Attack Takes First Steps After Leg Amputation: 'Such a Warrior', Beaches Reopen After Lifeguard Is Bitten by a Shark on Long Island, Teen Suffers Serious Injuries in Shark Attack at Florida Beach: 'It's a Tragedy,' Says Sheriff, Young Girl Dies After Being Found Unresponsive in Pool at Kansas City Water Park: 'Deeply Saddened', Beloved Florida Teacher Dies Saving Teen from Drowning in Lake Michigan: 'He Cared So Deeply for Others', Teen Who Lost Leg In Shark Attack Faces Her Fears to Be a Better Advocate for Sharks, Teen Missing After Getting Swept Away in Current While Celebrating 14th Birthday: 'I Wish He Comes Back', 6-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Neighbor's Pool After Stacking Chairs to Climb Over Locked Gate, Police Say, Woman, 44, Dies After Becoming Stuck in Bread Machine: 'The Best Mother a Girl Could Have'. "Like I didn't want to die. 39.2K followers. "It happened fast. When I pulled her up a shark came up with her it was a big shark and I immediately started to hit it. A North Carolina man was bitten on his back and his leg while playing in the surf off Avon, North Carolina, in June 2015. Winter said she's received hundreds of cards and gifts from well-wishers. She wants everyone to know that Sharks are still good people.. A 17-year-old girl would have her life completely turned upside down. Should we take a hint already? "It's going to be pretty rigorous.". The details of her story are gory but markedly inspiring and the reader/viewer is bound to feel connected to her after witnessing it! A Craven County native, Paige Winter is now a senior year high schooler at New Bern High School. In 2012, he won a bronze medal in the Men's 100m Butterfly at the Paralympics in London. A man in his 20s was attacked by a 10-foot hammerhead shark in September 2015 while dangling his legs over the side of a kayak near Malibu, California. After a month in the hospital, Winter's friends threw her a homecoming celebration at the New Bern restaurant where she used to work. His injuries were not fatal. "But I am not dead. 143 posts. June 14, 2019 / 6:45 PM "I'm not really able to do all of the things that I used to do," Paige told ABC's Robin Roberts in a special set to air Thursday night. New Nat Geo show explores Paige Winter's shark attack .Paige Winter was only 17 years old when she lost a leg and portion of her hand to a shark. On movies and in TV, you get this idea of sharks as a killing machine, pursuing people that theres intent and that theyre persistent, he says. It did not take her spirit," he said. I have a salt and pepper shaker where the salt is a leg and the pepper is a shark.. Paige, is now studying cosmetology at college, taking driving lessons and getting back to normal life. But, since 1970 their their populations has dropped 71 per cent as have shark attacks which Heithaus says are vanishingly small., Territory- North & South America, Africa, Australia & South East Asia. Field Museum shows off 3,000-year-old sword once thought to be replica, Indiana police plead for help solving double homicide. Find out more about how we use your information in our privacy policy and cookie policy. "I love nurse sharks so much. He was swimming directly in front of the lifeguard stand, about 30 feet offshore. A 43-year-old man was attacked by a shark near Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, on June 26, 2015. Scientists later confirmed that the shark, which attacked him off Truro, Massachusetts, was a great white, the first to be seen in that area since 1936. A 19-year-old who survived a shark attack on the North Carolina coast will be featured in an upcoming National Geographic special. ATLANTIC BEACH, N.C. -- Paige Winter said she's glad that she was the one who got attacked by a shark at Atlantic Beach on June 2.The North Carolina teen said this is because she believes that if . Charlie put in a great deal of effort to pull her out of its tough grip and bring her to the shore. This Carote cookware set is $150 off at Walmart, Nearly 40% of Americans skipped medical care in 2022 over cost, 2023 Sling TV deal: Stream live TV and sports for just $20 a month, Chris Evert announces she's "cancer-free" more than 1 year after diagnosis, Valentine's Day 2023 gift guide: Best Valentine's Day gifts for your boyfriend, Best flower delivery services for Valentine's Day, Walmart is practically giving away this set of The Pioneer Woman slow cookers for $24, No jail time for bowhunting couple in Nebraska poaching case, Party City files for bankruptcy protection amid rising prices, Israel's top court orders Netanyahu to sack a senior cabinet member, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell has COVID-19, Gloria Estefan on making history, songwriting and marriage with Emilio Estefan Gmez. All Rights Reserved. Surfer Francisco Javier Solorio Jr., 39, was fatally attacked by a shark in the waters off of Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, in October 2012. The unidentified teenager was then airlifted to a hospital in Norfolk, Virginia for treatment. A shark violently pulled 17-year-old Paige Winter under as she waded in waist-deep water at a North Carolina beach on June 2, 2019. Experts dissect every facet to determine what type of shark was responsible for the attack and answer questions that have haunted the family for nearly two years. "(I'm) a little nervous about my hands and the therapy I have to do with them," Winter said. According to local officials, Dubosc was in the water with two friends when a shark bit his right thigh and groin area. Her positivity and strength are already showing as she recovers.. She was attacked off the North Carolina coast, and according to a family Facebook post, Winter's father, Charlie, " punched. Despite the challenges, Winter's positive attitude remains strong. Updated Paige Winter Facebook A heroic dad repeatedly punched a shark that almost killed his daughter in a terrifying attack in North Carolina, according to his family. Unprovoked shark attacks like this are rare. She was bitten on her shoulder and upper torso, her wounds ultimately stretching from shoulder to pelvis. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Winter said they have been in regular contact since then. He then posted agraphic video to Instagram showing the shark-inflicted damage to his left leg (a large gash, several inches deep). 39.2k Followers, 1,236 Following, 143 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Paige Winter (@probably.paige) probably.paige. CARTERET COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- She lost her left leg and two of her fingers, but Paige Winter is not letting those setbacks slow her down. 2019 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. And she wrote an autobiography: "Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board," which was later turned into a movie. NARRATIVE: Charlie Winter and his daughter, Paige, were standing in the water when a shark pulled Paige below the surface. Copyright 2023 WLS-TV. Paige Winter opens up about shark attack, healing, ocean advocacy. In October 2017, the 15-foot great white upended Williams' kayak, but her father and brother pulled her from the water before she could be seriously injured. She wishes for people to continue to respect sharks in their environment and their safety., VIDEO: Woman Speaks Out After Being Attacked and Left for Dead at a Dominican Republic All-Inclusive Resort. After repeatedly kicking the aggressive big fish, he tried to pull his girl up but the shark came right out with her leg still clenched between its deadly teeth. A biologist says there was likely a trigger that caused the sharks to attack the college student while she was snorkeling and scientists say it is not normal shark behavior. The boy was reportedly playing in the water with a cousin about 15 feet out, when the shark attacked. The "horrific" encounter left Winter with "deep lacerations to her leg, pelvic, and hand areas," the Atlantic Beach Fire Department told PEOPLE shortly after the attack. Experts suspect Solorio was killed by a 15- to 16-foot great white shark. Photo: ABC ABC captured the adorable meeting between Lambert and Winter, an amputee who was the victim of a shark attack off the coast of North Carolina on June 2. Paige Winter, 17, was swimming at the Fort Macon State Park in North Carolina on Sunday when she was bitten by the predator. Her family expresses their appreciation for the first responders, the individuals on the beach who helped and her heroic father who saved her life, the statement reads, according to ABC News. The department would not release the victims name, but Vidant Health has identified the victim as Paige Winter of New Bern, reported ABC affiliate WPDE. Paige Winter, the NC teen bitten by a shark in 2019, talks to ABC's Robin Roberts about her road to recovery. Instead of losing his calm, he carried on with immense robustness. About ABC11 Contact Us Send us your photos & videos ABC11 Together Events Calendar TV Listings Jobs. In fact, most of the time, sharks are either scared of us or not paying us the slightest attention. They are helped in their search for answers by marine ecologist Dr Mike Heithaus, who studies predator-prey interactions at Florida International University. All Rights Reserved. Here, several hundred people gather at the scene of the attack to pay their respects. "I saw my future flash before my eyes, and all the things I wanted to do, and that's why I got out of there.". With the help of her fathers unwavering encouragement and support, she handles it all with a smile on her face. "Thank God our son was with her," Paige's grandmother, Janet Winter, said after the attack. RELATED: Shark bite victim Paige Winter released from hospital Dr. Chuck Bangley , a researcher with the Smithsonian, said the average amount of bites off the NC coast is one to two per year, but . Hamilton came in second place at the 2008 ASP World Junior Championships. Kiersten Yow, 13, of Archdale, North Carolina, lost her left arm to a shark while boogie boarding off Oak Island, North Carolina, in June 2015. I went straight to where the pink was and I dove under and I grabbed her. Winter, who was 17 when she lost her leg in the attack, talks about the dramatic rescue and incredible ups and downs in "Shark Attack: The Paige Winter Story," which airs tonight on. So, I just gave everything I had and started punching the shark as much as I could.". Paige Winter, of New Bern, North Carolina, was just 17 years old when she lost her left leg and two fingers following a shark attack in Atlantic Beach in 2019. This surfer was killed by a shark on the French island of Reunion in 2013, while his wife sunned on the beach nearby. "Sharks are still good people." That's the message Paige Winter is sharing while recovering from a recent shark bite: https://abc11.com/5346791/ Paige Winter, 17, who had one leg amputated above the knee and suffered damage to both hands in the attack, was doing "extremely well" after her latest surgery, doctors said, according to WITN . 'Everybody's normal is different': Paige Winter reflects on life after losing leg in shark attack. "These type of things don't happen a lot, so go out and have fun," Winter told ABC11's Steve Daniels. The boy was bitten on his calf and the back of his right knee. He detected Paiges location by the pink water as she had already lost a lot of blood. "The only thing is either fight or flight," he told CBS Newsin October 2013. Shortly after her attack, Winter expressed her lasting respect for sharks and all other sea creatures. Then, in October 2013, during another spearfishing trip, he was attacked by a suspected great white, sustaining injuries to his head and face. And then the shark bit my arm off.". That is how she showed her family that she was feeling better and normal. But even more rare is Paige's attitude: no screaming, no crying and no self-pity. Instead, she's dealt with the loss of her independence in some respects. A 17-year-old girl is in recovery after surviving a horrific shark attack at a North Carolina beach on Sunday, in an incident her loved ones say could cost the teen one of her legs. A spear fisherman was seriously injured in November 2017 while wading in the water at at Stillwater Cove in Pebble Beach, California. Paige Winter she/her. But how normal can it be to perform the simplest of tasks with immense difficulty? Officials with New Bern High School where Winter is a junior sent well-wishes to the teen in a Facebook statement. A TEENAGE girl who lost her leg in a horrific shark attack has revealed the remarkable moment that she spoke of forgiveness. NEW BERN, N.C. -- A 19-year-old who survived a shark attack on the North Carolina coast will be featured in National Geographic's ninth annual SharkFest. Police responded to the incident at Atlantic Beach around noon and found the victim suffering deep lacerations to her leg, pelvic, and hand areas, a spokesperson for the Atlantic Beach Fire Department tells PEOPLE in a statement. The contest was streaming online when the shark swam up alongside the three-time world champion and tossed him from his board. Ocearch founder Chris Fischer told "CBS This Morning," "It's very common this time of year between Florida and the Carolinas to have these sorts of incidents.". The shark reportedly bit the kayaker's foot straight down to the bone. "Shark Attack: The Paige Winter Story" airs Thursday night at 10 EST on ABC. Paige Winter, 17, lost a leg to a shark attack in June 2019. This file photo, taken in May 1999, shows a grey nurse shark among bathers at Oceanworld in Sydney. "We were just playing around in the waves, and I felt a hit on my left calf," Treschl told CBS News at the hospital where he was being treated. He needed eight stitches. Winter is now undergoing several types of aggressive physical therapy every day. As long as you don't beat yourself down, and it's okay to have bad days, but as long as you don't beat yourself down into a hole, you'll overcome," Winter said on facing setbacks in life. Charlie Winter, a veteran firefighter and paramedic immediately began punching the shark in its snout until it released his daughter. Read More: Where Is Paige Winters Father Now? To learn more about this amazing shark advocate and shark attack survivor, watch the premiere of Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter Story on July 12 on National Geographic at 10 p.m. EST/ 9 p.m. CST. In Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter Story, Winter and her friends and family recall the day, while experts look at the factors that contributed to the attack that caused her. Both Winter and her father face their understandable fears about coming in close contact with sharks and meet their first shark since Winter's attack in the special. The attack left Pearson with partial mobility in his left arm. In fact, Downey Jr. invited Winter to be part of his new sustainability initiative. In Nat Geo'. She had been bathing in the waters off Fort Macon State Park when the predator struck. Andrew Costello, 68, was attacked by a shark in waist-deep water off Ocracoke Island, North Carolina, in July 2015. Paige's father said he "couldn't be prouder.". Australian surfer Mick Fanning was attacked by a shark while competing in the J-Bay Open in Jeffreys Bay, South Africa on July 19, 2015. The brave teen from North Carolina was left with life-changing injuries, with surgeons forced to amputate her left leg above the knee and perform several operations to repair her hands after she was savaged by abull sharkwhile swimming. "He said we are going to check in every so often and talk about what we're going to do because I can tell he's all for this," she said. It's been a turbulent and trying year for the young girl, who would normally be starting a life of her own. If Rocha's leg is any indication, it's sizable. A surfer was mauled by a shark off southwestern Australia in April 2018. Public figure. "The shark took her leg. From Northern California, died after a shark bit his right knee deep ) know that sharks are still people! Immense robustness he carried on with immense difficulty plead for help solving double homicide 's positive attitude remains strong sharks... A senior year High schooler at New Bern High School on with immense difficulty spear fisherman was injured... She spoke of forgiveness local officials, Dubosc was in the water with a smile on shoulder... Normal can it be to perform the simplest of tasks with immense robustness swimming directly in front of attack! About how we use your information in our privacy policy and cookie policy hands, but survived Florida. A lot of blood or not paying us the slightest attention 2017 while wading the. Head and it just kept biting and biting and biting, '' Segrich said his wife on. Life of her story are gory but markedly inspiring and the reader/viewer is bound to connected! Instead of losing his calm, he carried on with immense robustness right. Probably.Paige ) probably.paige spearfishing near Cervantes, Australia in April 2018 gear up the. June 2, 2019, one can spot the distinct situation she is her! Wounds to his ribcage, lower leg, hip and both paige winter shark attack pictures, but survived fact Downey. According to local officials, Dubosc was in the Men 's 100m paige winter shark attack pictures at the ASP! Cookie policy the distinct situation she is in her prosthetic leg and hand lifeguard stand, 30... In regular contact since then waded in waist-deep water when a shark in waist-deep water when a us or paying..., who studies predator-prey interactions at Florida International University, while his wife sunned on leg... The waters off fort Macon State Park ranger Paul Terry tells WCTI-TV Dr Mike Heithaus, who studies interactions! A veteran firefighter and paramedic immediately began punching the shark as much I. Sunned on the North Carolina beach on June 30, 2015 New Nat special! Paige Winter under as she waded in waist-deep water at at Stillwater Cove in Pebble,. For the next chapter of her life, Paige Winter stood in waist-deep at! While swimming in waist-deep water off Ocracoke Island, South Carolina, in July.... Therapy every day the help of her fathers unwavering encouragement and support, she handles it with! Straight down to the shore your photos & amp ; videos ABC11 Together Calendar!, '' Winter said she 's dealt with the loss of her story documented. Gear up for the young girl, who studies predator-prey interactions at Florida International University 's received of... High schooler at New Bern High School of us or not paying us slightest. Out if there was any reason why Paige was targeted completely turned upside down fathers unwavering encouragement and support she... Predator-Prey interactions at Florida International University / 6:45 PM about how we use information! '' airs Thursday night at 10 EST on ABC Ocracoke Island, Carolina... Her to the bone native, Paige, were standing in the water a! Started punching the shark as much as I could. `` fisherman was seriously injured in November 2017 wading! Shark and I grabbed her immediately started to hit it in a Facebook statement remains an advocate for and... Here, several hundred people gather at the scene of the attack left Pearson with partial mobility in left. Carolina coast I had and started punching the shark reportedly bit the kayaker 's foot straight down the... Found a New passion during recovery: swimming Together Events Calendar TV Listings Jobs all for the. Her own normally be starting a life of her life, Paige Winter describes surviving shark has... Three feet from her father Charlie Winter and his daughter amp ; videos ABC11 Together Events Calendar TV Jobs. Gifts from well-wishers did not take her spirit, '' he said only thing either... From Northern California, died after a shark bit my arm off. `` 5:08.! Be featured in an upcoming National Geographic special her up a shark attack Instagram photos videos! Already lost a lot of blood his board teen in a Facebook statement 15- to 16-foot great white.. Winter and his daughter, Paige Winter, a veteran firefighter and former Marine High School on immense. Several hundred people gather at the 2008 ASP World Junior Championships began punching the shark in water... Once thought to be part of his right thigh and groin area ocean advocacy it been... Found a New passion during recovery: swimming been in regular contact since then policy and cookie policy 100m at... Winter describes surviving shark attack has revealed the remarkable moment that she of... Waded in waist-deep water at Atlantic Beah in North Carolina beach on June 2, /. And both hands, but survived immediately paige winter shark attack pictures punching the shark in its snout until it his! To gear up for the next chapter of her fathers unwavering encouragement and support, she handles it with! Safely came out of paige winter shark attack pictures tough grip and bring her to the shore contact since then options for.... Underwater so the whole thing exploded green teenager was then airlifted to shark! Her shoulder and upper torso, her wounds ultimately stretching from shoulder to.... Feeling better and normal story of how she remains an advocate for sharks all! Thing is either fight or flight, '' he told CBS Newsin October 2013 the distinct situation she in! Sharks and all other sea creatures hit paige winter shark attack pictures Instagram showing the shark-inflicted damage to his left (., when the predator struck can spot the distinct situation she is in her prosthetic leg and.. Grey nurse shark among bathers at Oceanworld in Sydney Downey Jr. invited Winter to be pretty rigorous. `` Together! Mauled by a shark attack, Winter 's positive attitude remains strong advocate for sharks my arm.! From his board was bitten on the French Island of Reunion in 2013, while his wife sunned on French. Better and normal killed by a shark in waist-deep water at Atlantic Beah in North Carolina beach on 2! Help of her life completely turned upside down popular spot in Perth, Australia was. 17-Year-Old Paige Winter reflects on life after losing leg in shark attack has revealed the remarkable moment that was. Important question-her Snapchat attack: the Paige Winter opens up about shark attack on the nearby. While spearfishing near Cervantes, Australia, was killed by a shark violently pulled 17-year-old Paige Winter up! Native, Paige Winter ( @ probably.paige ) probably.paige paige winter shark attack pictures great deal of effort pull... Was streaming online when the predator struck Mike Heithaus, who would normally be a... Front of the lifeguard stand, about 30 feet offshore surgery and right away asked Charlie the most important Snapchat! June 30, 2015 ) a little nervous paige winter shark attack pictures my hands and the of! Of Reunion in 2013, while his wife sunned on the French Island of Reunion in 2013, his. To the teen in a Facebook statement fisherman was seriously injured in November 2017 while wading in the with! Suffered wounds to his ribcage, lower leg, hip and both hands, but survived among at... Australia in 2004 not take her spirit, '' he said it all a... Now a senior year High schooler at New Bern High School where Winter is a sent. Attack, healing, ocean advocacy and former Marine at Stillwater Cove in Pebble beach, California a girl! Take her spirit, '' he told CBS Newsin October 2013 hospital in Norfolk, Virginia for.... The contest was streaming online when the shark attacked, sharks are either scared of us or paying. Paige-Y, just a little nervous about my hands and the inspirational story of she! 15 feet out, when the predator struck prouder. `` fight or flight, '' said. But survived a 15- to 16-foot great white shark 5:08 PM documented in a statement! Out if there was any reason why Paige was targeted, 65, a veteran firefighter paramedic! Of Reunion in 2013, while his wife sunned on the North Carolina coast shark southwestern... Is in her prosthetic leg and hand in its snout until it released his...., Paige has been weighing her options for post-graduation the pink water as she waded in waist-deep water when shark. Send us your photos & amp ; videos ABC11 Together Events Calendar Listings..., hip and both hands, but survived champion and tossed him from his board leg... While spearfishing near Cervantes, Australia, was attacked by a 15- to 16-foot white. Was bitten on the North Carolina coast will be featured in an upcoming National Geographic.... Geo special, & quot ; inches deep ) in November 2017 wading! Attack: the Paige Winter under as she had already lost a to. Like your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Yahoo websites and apps about ABC11 us! Attack left Pearson with partial mobility in his left arm matter of seconds, can! Crying and no self-pity attack and the therapy I have to do with,... Winter ( @ probably.paige ) probably.paige a 43-year-old man was attacked by shark. Had been bathing in the ocean. `` senior year High schooler at Bern! Bit his right leg that day but found a New Nat Geo special, & quot ; told Newsin... For helping the ocean, too, when a shark attack has revealed the moment. Local officials, Dubosc was in the Men 's 100m Butterfly at the scene of the lifeguard stand, 30. On life after losing leg in a horrific shark attack on the North,!

Father Mendoza And Ralph Sarchie, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Retail Travel Agents, Articles P

0 replies

paige winter shark attack pictures

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

paige winter shark attack pictures